Maid Marian

I'm just another princess in God's house, living life under His grace....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Salamat datang ke Singapura

I've been in Singapore roughly 24 hours and already I'm missing Perth a little...well, mostly just the people I left behind :) I'd hardly gotten off the escalator at the Perth airport when I heard someone calling my name. When I turned around it was Christy, Alisha and Rowan so of course I burst into tears. Basically we had about an hour of conversation before I had to go through to immigration and it was one of the hardest goodbyes I've had to do. The fact that Alisha was crying too only made it worse and I couldn't stop until I'd gotten to the immigration counter. I'm surprised they didn't have to pry my arms off Wade. Not knowing when I'll be back is making me miss him all the more but I'm keeping busy and enjoying my time here.

Anyway, it was pretty much smooth sailing from there and everything happened really fast. Went through customs (had to take my shoes off because they set the metal detector off), walked to my gate and got there in time to hear the last call for boarding as I was saying a last minute goodbye to Wade on my phone.

I joined the queue, was on the plane pretty damn quickly and I hardly had time to put on my seat-belt when the pilot asked everyone to prepare for take-off. Five hours passed quickly as I ate, watched Shrek, TAYG and later School of Comedy. Turns out we were at least 30 minutes early in landing because of good tail-winds. Keeping in theme with the rest of the day, I got off the plane and through Singapore immigration within 15 minutes. Waited like hell for my bags but then got out and then the anti-climax hit - I was stuck waiting for my dad with no way to contact him.

Amazingly, a couple of drivers waiting for Aussie businessmen let me use their work phone to call my dad. I think they said that if a Singaporean couldn't get help at home, where would the world be :) The next thing I knew I was in my dad's cab and on my way home.

Since then I've unpacked all my shtuff at my grandma's place and made a lot of visa related phone calls and such. I am loving being back with my grandmother who eats, sleeps and wakes up at the same time as me and whose cooking is bloody amazing. I'm sleeping in the double bed I often slept in while I was growing up and that my mom's sisters slept in.

My gramma's house is like the land where time stands still. There are clothes in the drawers belonging to mom, her sisters and myself from as early as the 1980s. I just love that it's familiar, safe and comforting. I am quite looking forward to spending more time chatting with her and playing Scrabble.

Apart from that, nothing out of the ordinary has happened today and I'm adjusting surprisingly well to the climate. It may be humid but it's actually quite cool and raining heavily in the afternoons. Gosh darn it the thunder today made me jump half outta my skin. I really have missed the monsoonal storms. I'm finding it comfortable even without a fan on and I'm hardly perspiring at all.

Anyways, I'll be online most days and I'll be keeping the updates coming as more happens. (More than an afternoon shower and me losing at cards, that is.) Until then, you have my love guys! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home