Maid Marian

I'm just another princess in God's house, living life under His grace....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Non c'è nessuno

God is amazing and there is no other like Him. This past week has been one of restoration for me spiritually. I feel physically and mentally stronger now and I'm better prepared to face my upcoming exams. As Christians we tend to underestimate the power of obedience when we really should see it for what it is. For the past 6-7 weeks I've been struggling under the strain of various ailments on top of my workload in school. I was literally beginning to let it weigh me down and I was extremely cranky and bitchy (believe me, that's the most accurate description there is). I have been coping with disappointment in a terrible way and I'd lost my usual positive outlook on life and people. I was in need of prayer and despite bring promted by God numerous times to get prayed over, I kept putting it off with the excuse that I had to serve. Last Sunday God reminded me that I can't serve others when I myself am weak so I went down to the front and got prayed over by one of the leaders and it was my moment of breakthrough. I only wish I'd done it sooner. Perhaps God had a plan in that as well.

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commandments in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity."
Proverbs 3:1-2

Here's a little quickie on obedience - it's not about you. The reality of it is that our choices today affect our future generations; children, grandchildren etc. More than that, our choices today affect the people around us. Imagine that you felt convicted of something you were doing wrong in your life but chose to go with what you felt was comfortable rather than what God told you was right. Imagine that your friends missed out of salvation, got turned off Christianity and God because of your bad choice. Imagine that because of one selfish, short-term choice you lost what God had intended for you and you fell away from Him, never to return. Is it worth it? I'm asking myself that very question. I feel covicted of some choices that I've been making of late but it is up to me to make the change. The last thing I want is to carry the burden of lost salvations because of something I chose to do. Friends, it's not about us. Sadly, it is our loved ones who suffer the consequences of our actions the most. All I can do is re-evaluate myself and try my best to keep to Jesus' teachings and to the Word. I want to be blessed and more than that I want to be a blessing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, read some of your blogs...hope u are doing well.. still hope u remember me... pls take care... i don't know ur e-mail... mine is edwardting1983@hotmail.com
Pls take carez ya? :)

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home