Maid Marian

I'm just another princess in God's house, living life under His grace....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Future Mrs Michael Jackson...yeah right

I’ve spent the last 10 minutes trying hard to appreciate this CD of mine, but the fact is that I can’t stand Aaron Carter’s brand of poppy peppiness. In his 2000 release “Oh Aaron,” he tries desperately to add a hip-hop sound to his work but it just doesn’t work. I find myself skipping songs within hardly a minute of each track. Ah joy – I’m at the end of the 11 tracks from hell. At this point I have to decide between the Jackson 5’s 1983 greatest hits album and Cher’s 1998 release, “Believe.” Well you know I “never can say goodbye” to MJ and so the Jackson 5 wins.

I’m feeling a fair bit more confident about my work at the moment. It turns out that the maths test I missed last week was so poorly done that it’s not going to count in our grades so I’m only doing it for practice. Better yet, the maths test I was worried about has been shifted to Thursday and even then it only took the 50 minutes of my free period to prepare for it. I’m now officially on top on my work in maths. That’s more than I can say for human biology. I hadn’t realised that even though today is Tuesday that we were following Monday’s timetable. I basically didn’t prepare for it. My teacher took into account that I’ve missed about 80% of her notes with all the days I’ve been off sick. She’s allowing me to sit the test on Thursday and I got all my notes done while the rest of the class was sitting it today. On the whole it’s looking really good for me.

The most embarrassing part of my day was having to perform both my scenes for my drama assessment today without prior warning. I was meant to have performed them last week but I was sick and I’m extremely blessed that my foresight made me leave my costumes in my locker. I went ahead with it and ended up having to sing the reprise of “As Long As He Needs Me” without any accompaniment. It wasn’t too bad. I don’t think I went off key. At least that’s one more assessment over and done with.

My creative juices seem to be running a little dry, however and even my dreams grow more mundane by the day. All I do in sleep is re-live my waking moments and ponder over my future. I need inspiration. For the moment I’ll satisfy myself with singing and drawing.

I’m trying to “go face the worries of the day” and “with a child’s heart, turn each problem into play.” Sadly, life isn’t as easy as a Michael Jackson song. It is, however, a nice reminder for me to stress less and just get my work done. I feel incredibly loved and I know there are a lot of people praying and looking out for me. Kitten wants a hug but I’ll have to go without for a few days, or at least until I catch up with my mates who do like to hug.

What’s really freaking me out is my new radio. Just a while ago the music suddenly went really loud. The volume ran from being on 8 to 20-something as if someone was turning the knob. It’s about the third or fourth time it’s happened. I wonder if something is wrong with it. Actually, do I really need to ask? I’m willing to bet it’s fine. Still wish I knew why it’s acting like this. Anyhoo, before I start quoting Michael Jackson lyrics again I’d best get out of here and back to work. (*Gasps* I left my copy of “Off the Wall” at Michael’s. Must remember to get it back on the weekend.) Ta-ta you lot, I’ll have better ramblings tomorrow. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home